Did you know you can create your own keyboard shortcut commands for frequently used characters and symbols like an em dash, copyright symbol, or accented letter?
- Click Insert then Symbol, and More Symbols.
- Find the character you use often. Let’s say the copyright symbol. Click the symbol in the list of characters or the recently used symbols. Then click the Shortcut Key… button.
- Next click in the Press new shortcut key: text area.
- Then press the keys to create the symbol. For example, for the copyright mark, I might press Alt+C,C. This means each time I press Alt and the C key twice, a copyright symbol will be added to my document.
- When finished, click the Assign button to lock in your code.
- Return to your document and give it a try!