If your website is using the Smash Balloon Instagram Feed plugin, you may notice that every once in a while it gets disconnected. This will happen if your Instagram account is a personal, rather than business, account. But you can easily hook it back up. Here’s how:
- On your computer, log into your Instagram account. Yep, you can do it from your computer. Go to Instagram.com and login using your username and password. This will often be the biggest hurdle since you may not remember your password. But in order to update the feed, you must be logged into your account, so go find that password or reset it and move to step 2.
- Log into the backend of your website (www.yourURL.com/wp-admin). Again, you’re going to need a username and password. If you can’t remember this one, I can help.
- On the left hand side of the dashboard, scroll down until you see Instagram Feed and a red dot with an exclamation mark.
- Click Instagram Feed to open the settings.
- Click the big blue button on the Configure Tab that reads, “Connect an Instagram Account.”
- A new page will open allowing Smash Balloon to connect to your Instagram feed. Again, click the blue button to Login with Instagram.
- Instagram will then ask if you would like to allow Smash Balloon to connect. Click Allow.
- Finally, you will be taken back to your website dashboard and prompted to connect to the Instagram account. Click Connect This Account.
- A green success message will appear.